Posted by Steve Carrier
- Tonight's WWE RAW opens with Michael Cole welcoming us to the show from Detroit, Michigan. We get hype for Natalya vs. Melina and The Miz vs. Edge later tonight. We go to the ring and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion Edge.
- Edge talks about not liking to wait and won't wait for The Miz tonight. Edge calls out The Miz but is interrupted by the RAW General Manager's e-mail alert. He has arranged a special exhibition right now. Whichever Superstar throws him over the top rope, they earn the #40 spot in the Royal Rumble. Out first comes Jack Swagger. Edge spears him. Drew McIntyre runs in next and Tyson Kidd. Edge fights them all off and throws Kidd over the top. Drew kicks him in the head with a big boot and tries to eliminate him. Swagger runs over and gets eliminated by Edge. Drew tries for the elimination now but Edge dumps him. Edge outlasts all three. Edge takes the mic and thanks the GM for getting his juices flowing. Edge says he's going to the back but wants to do something first. Edge talks about destroying the GM's laptop and teases it.
- Edge goes for the laptop but Michael Cole steps in front of him. The Nexus music hits and out comes CM Punk, David Otunga, Michael McGillicutty, Husky Harris and Mason Ryan. Punk talks about the 40-man Royal Rumble match. Punk says he adapts to change. Punk talks about Mason Ryan and says he handpicked him to be in Nexus. Punk introduces Ryan and the crowd boo's him.
Ryan says he has only one thing to say... faith. Punk repeats the word. Punk says the members of Nexus are bonded by faith and unlike John Cena and the "poor man's Nexus on SmackDown", their faith will be rewarded at the Royal Rumble he says. Punk says they will unite for one common good, to see him be the winner of the Royal Rumble. Punk says he will go on to main event WrestleMania and the new Nexus will be the most powerful group WWE has ever seen. The Corre's music hits and out comes Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel.
Barrett says they are nothing like Nexus, they are equals. Jackson says they will unite at the Rumble to make sure Punk is eliminated. Ryan stands in between Punk and Jackson. The e-mail alert goes off. The GM says if he is going to invite SmackDown stars to RAW, they must obey the rules. It's announced that Wade Barrett will take on CM Punk tonight. Whoever loses will be out of the Royal Rumble match, as will their whole team. The special referee for Barrett vs. Punk tonight will be John Cena. The crowd pops at this. RAW goes to commercial with The Corre and Nexus arguing.
John Morrison and Mark Henry vs. Sheamus and Alberto Del RioEdit
Back from the break and out comes John Morrison followed by his partner Mark Henry. Out next comes Sheamus. Ricardo Rodriguez begins speaking next from ringside and introduces Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio comes driving into the arena.
Del Rio and Morrison start the match off, going to the corner with Del Rio in control. Del Rio works Morrison over and tags in Sheamus. Sheamus goes to slam Morrison in the corner but gets countered. Morrison with a headscissors and a dropkick for a 2 count. Del Rio comes in and Morrison unloads on him as well. Sheamus and Del Rio retreat to the floor as Henry and Morrison look on from the ring. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio has control over Morrison. Del Rio stomps away on Morrison's back and covers for 2. Morrison goes for a tag but Del Rio stops him and tags in Sheamus. We see Michael Tarver watching the match backstage on a monitor. Sheamus clotheslines Morrison and shows off for the crowd. Sheamus continues to work over Morrison and gets another 2 count. Sheamus goes for the big kick but Morrison ducks it. Morrison drops Sheamus with a kick to the jaw.
Henry and Del Rio get tagged in at the same time. Henry lays Del Rio out with headbutts and a big splash. 2 count by Henry as Sheamus breaks up the pin. Henry drops Sheamus with a headbutt. Henry clotheslines Del Rio but Sheamus attacks. Morrison comes in and takes Sheamus out of the ring. Del Rio comes back in and locks on the armbar for the win on Henry.
Winners: Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus
WWE Divas Title Match: Melina vs. NatalyaEdit
Back from the break and out comes Melina to the ring first. Her opponent WWE Divas Champion Natalya is out next. The bell rings and they lock up, going into the ropes. Melina charges Natalya and knocks her out of the ring. Melina brings it back in the ring and goes to work, slamming Natalya's face into the mat. Melina with a 2 count.
Melina applies a pretzel like move on Natalya's back. Natalya powers up to her feet and rams Melina back into the corner. They go at it until Natalya locks on the Sharpshooter. Melina won't tap so Natalya pulls way back on the hold and makes her tap for the win.
- After the match, Layla and Michelle McCool come out. They run down Natalya. LayCool announce that they're bringing the Divas title back at the Royal Rumble. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get highlights from Punk vs. Cena last week where Mason Ryan made his debut. We go backstage with Punk and Nexus. Punk talks about everyone deserving to be in Nexus. Punk says he sacrificed himself last week. Punk says Ryan will sacrifice himself this Sunday at the Rumble and although Husky gave up his chance for the Rumble, he can still ensure that Punk wins. Husky doesn't look happy. Husky questions what happens if Punk comes out #1 and someone else from Nexus comes out #20. Ryan interrupts him and says Punk won't be eliminated. McGillicutty asks what about John Cena. Punk tells them to just have faith. Punk tells them to take a knee. They all hold their fists up to end the segment.
- Josh Matthews is backstage with John Cena. Matthews asks him about being the special referee in tonight's main event. Cena says if Punk wins tonight, he will eliminate all of Nexus from the Rumble. If Barrett wins, he will take out The Corre. Alex Riley and The Miz walk up, interrupting Cena. Miz says winning the Rumble match might be the worst thing for Cena because he has to face Miz. Miz threatens Cena. Cena lays out a scenario where Miz doesn't make it to WrestleMania and says they both smell like sewage and walks off. Miz dismisses Matthews now. Miz asks the fans if they think Randy Orton will win at the Rumble and they do. Riley plays footage of Miz and himself attacking Orton on last week's RAW.
- We go ringside and Michael Cole is ranting about how everyone needs to respect The Miz.
The Miz vs. Edge Edit
We go to the ring and out comes the WWE Champion with Alex Riley right behind him. Out next comes the World Heavyweight Champion Edge to a big pop. Before the bell, Dolph Ziggler's music hits and out he comes with Vickie Guerrero.
Ziggler joins commentary as we get ready to go. The bell rings and Edge takes control early on, working Miz over in the corner. Miz fires back and they return to locking up. Back and forth action until Edge clotheslines Miz over the ropes and to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Edge covers Miz for a 2 count. Miz runs the ropes and drops Edge with a knee to the gut. Miz stomps away on Edge now and kicks him in the head for a 2 count. More back and forth action. Edge goes for a spear but Miz rolls out of the ring. Edge follows and they go at it. Edge counters Miz and tosses him into the fan barrier. Edge brings it back in the ring and goes up top. Miz meets him with right hands. Miz goes for a superplex but Edge fights him. Edge knocks Miz back into the ring and hits a big crossbody for a 2 count.
Back from the break and Miz lands a 2 count on Edge. Miz applies a bodyscissors on Edge in the middle of the ring. More back and forth action. Edge makes a comeback and gets a 2 count on Miz. Miz goes for the clothesline in the corner but Edge dodges it. Edge rolls Miz up for a 2 count. Riley interferes and lures Edge out to the floor. Edge comes in and Miz rolls him up for a quick 2 count. Edge ducks a right hand from Miz and knocks Riley from the apron to the barrier. Edge hits the big DDT on Miz. Edge goes for a spear but Dolph Ziggler pulls him by his feet. Dolph comes in the ring and begins to attack but Randy Orton runs down and goes crazy. Orton powerslams Ziggler and chases Miz outside of the ring. Orton catches Miz and unloads with right hands and an uppercut. Back in the ring and Orton hits the RKO on Riley and Ziggler. Miz takes out Orton with a briefcase shot to the leg. Miz retreats to the stage with his belt. Back to commercial.
- Josh Matthews is backstage with Wade Barrett. Matthews asks what's the difference between Corre and Nexus. Barrett says he became obsessed with the WWE Title and John Cena, causing him to lose Nexus. Barrett says he's a member of The Corre now and is joined by his friends. He says Corre has no leadership issues. Barrett wishes Teddy Long a speedy recovery. Barrett says Punk won't make it to the Royal Rumble match and knows that John Cena doesn't respect him but hopefully one day will. Barrett says he respects Cena.
The Bella Twins and Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase, Maryse and Alicia Fox Edit
We go to the ring where The Bella Twins are with WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan. Out next come their opponents Ted DiBiase, Maryse and Alicia Fox. Ted and Bryan start things out. Bryan takes Ted down first after some back and forth action. Maryse slaps Ted's back and tags herself in. Brie comes in and goes at it with Maryse. Nikki is kissing Bryan on the apron, which distracts Brie. This allows Maryse to roll her up for the win.
Winners: Ted DiBiase, Maryse and Alicia Fox
- After the match, the Bellas argue at ringside as Daniel Bryan tries to come in between them. Maryse runs her mouth to Michael Cole and we get ready for another commercial break.
- Back from the break and we see the Bellas arguing backstage. Michael Tarver sees them, laughs and walks off. They open up Daniel Bryan's dressing room to find him on the couch making out with Gail Kim. Bryan introduces her as his girlfriend and says they've been dating for the past 6 months, keeping it quiet. Gail says Bryan has been hanging out with the Bellas because he felt bad for them. They get into it and Gail slaps Brie. The Bellas and Gail go at it. Referees come in and take away the Bellas.
Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris vs. Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella Edit
Nexus comes out before the break. Back from commercial and out come the WWE Tag Team Champions for the next match. Santino and Michael start the match off. McGillicutty takes control early on and tags in Husky, who stomps away on Santino.
Husky continues beating on Santino, getting a 2 count. Husky breaks a submission of his own and clotheslines Kozlov off the apron. Santino tries to make a comeback and sidesteps Husky in the corner. Santino mounts an offense and calls for the Cobra. Santino chases McGillicutty off the apron and turns around to a big shot from Husky. Husky lays Santino out with his finisher for the pinfall and the win in this non-title match.
Winners: Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty
- After the match, Nexus gets in the ring and Otunga takes the mic. Otunga puts over Nexus and the Royal Rumble then introduces their leader CM Punk. We see John Cena backstage heading out to special referee as we go to commercial.
CM Punk vs. Wade Barrett Edit
Back from the break and CM Punk waits in the ring with Nexus as Wade Barrett and The Corre make their way out. The two groups face off as John Cena's music hits and out he comes to special referee. Before the match starts, Cena orders the members of Nexus to go backstage. Punk protests but Cena isn't hearing it. Nexus leaves while The Corre is allowed to stay, or so it seems. Cena acts like he's about to start the match but orders Corre members away from ringside.
The bell finally rings. Cena shoves Punk back into the corner first thing. Cena then slaps Barrett and dares them to hit him. Punk attacks Barrett and here we go. Punk beats Barrett down in the corner. Punk tosses Barrett out to the floor and argues with Cena. Punk turns his back and Cena tosses him over. Punk comes back in and argues with Cena. Barrett comes in and attacks Punk from behind and goes to work on him. Barrett goes for a pin attempt but Cena goes outside to sign autographs for fans. Cena comes back in and Barrett argues. Punk attacks from behind and they go at it. Cena calls for the bell and goes to ringside to explain the decision. Both are disqualified for excessive use of profanity because this is a PG show. It's announced as a double DQ and both The Corre and Nexus are out of the Royal Rumble match. Cena celebrates at ringside and heads to the back as Punk and Barrett protest in the ring. The e-mail alert goes off in the arena. The GM calls what we just saw a blatant abuse of power but he can't change the referee's decision but he can change the consequences. It's announced that Punk, Barrett and both of their teams will compete in the Rumble. In addition, if Cena doesn't go in the ring and apologize to both of them right now, Cena will be out of the Rumble.
Cena heads to the ring and gets in between Punk and Barrett. Cena attacks Barrett and Punk. The Corre and Nexus run down to the ring but Cena is already outside ready to fight. Nexus attacks when Big Show's music hits. Show runs down with the entire WWE roster. The ring fills up quick with Superstars as everyone goes at it. RAW goes off the air with chaos in the ring.